Top 10 Easy and Natural Ways to Get Rid of Acne
Are you looking for acne solutions? You don’t have to live with acne. Here are the top 10 easy and natural ways to get rid of acne.
1. Don’t pick or squeeze your pimples. Doing this will increase the sebum production in the area. It will also rupture the membranes below your skin. The infection and sebum will spread underneath your skin and cause more pimples. Picking or squeezing the pimples also makes you risk increasing the chance of scarring on your face.
2. Use a mild soap twice a day to wash your face. If you can find a sulfur-based acne soap this is an even better solution. A soap that contains benzoyl peroxide is helpful if you have extremely oily skin. Don’t use rough sponges or brushes to scrub your face heavily. On the other hand, don’t over-wash your face because it can stimulate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum which will only result in increasing your acne.
3. Assess the foods you are eating. Food allergies can cause skin conditions on your face. You should avoid eating too much oily and spicy food. Recent studies have shown that acne can also be caused by milk which contains hormones as well as seafood with relatively high levels of iodine. If possible, cut down on those foods. Other foods you may consider avoiding are sugar, dairy products, deep-fried food, meat, nut butter, etc. On the other hand, it is believed that green vegetables, vegetable juices, and foods rich in zinc can help alleviate acne.
4. Drink more water. “Eight glasses of water a day can keep acne away,” says Jennifer Thoden, a respected acne expert. The reason is that water carries waste materials out of the body and helps heal and prevent acne flare-ups. Drinking plenty of water has other health benefits for your body as well.
5. Cut back on the makeup you wear. Makeup can clog pores causing more blackheads and pimples. If you have to wear makeup, make sure it is water-based. Clean your makeup brushes regularly and cleanse your skin before you sleep. Remove your makeup every night before bed to prevent clogged pores.
6. Do not use oily products. Avoid products such as oily hair products, oil-based facial moisturizers, and oily cleansers. These oils only add to the natural oils your skin produces, which are already causing problems if you suffer from acne.
7. Keep your face clean. Do not rest your chin on your hands or constantly touch your face. Regularly shampoo your hair. Keep your hair off your face, especially when you sleep. Pull your hair back to prevent the oils and dirt from your hair being transferred to your face.
8. Moderate exercise can help with acne because it helps with blood circulation and elimination of toxins in the body.
9. Do your best to cut down or eliminate stress. Studies have shown that stress cause or worsen acne flare-ups. It can also worsen your overall skin condition. There are many things you can do to decrease your level of stress. Try listening to music or taking a walk. Fresh air and sunshine can also reduce stress.
10. Get Sunshine and fresh air. Sunshine stimulates vitamin D in the body. Vitamin D is an essential vitamin for healthy skin. Don’t get burnt in the sun though. Burned and heavily tanned skin forms a layer on the skin that doesn’t exfoliate quickly and can lead to blocked pores. Besides, you don’t want the risk of skin cancer in addition to your acne.